Saturday, August 28, 2010

Take 5 In The Garden!

Today I wasn't feeling 100% so I decided to take today off even though I took yesterday off too. Days off are great and NEEDED! Don't burn yourself out! =)In May we did a race called "Take 5 In The Garden" it was a 5k/5M in Garden of the Gods! For Carrie this was her first race! We did the 5 mile which was nerve racking for both of us because it was in Garden of the Gods-which is a tough run. We thought that while we trained we had the correct course we were running so we would be prepared- it is sooooo much easier to race when you know the course! highly recommend reviewing courses prior to races!-and it ended up being totally different. But it was still very fun, challenging and exhilirating. Especially to see that people from all over the United States came to run through this magnificent park! Carrie ended up having an asthma attack, though God used it for Carrie to be able to encourage other women that were struggling which was awesome! I also had a tough time with my knees, sometimes I get a sharp pain in the back of my knee that hurts tremendously on down-hills-strange huh? But it truly was a blast! Here are some pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I am honored to share my first race experience with you! To God be the glory for giving us the strength we need exactly when we need it!

    ReplyDelete