Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A New Blog!

I am very excited to start this blog! Though I am not sure where to start…. Hmmmm, well I am Lauren, I am 23 years old and live in Colorado Springs, Colorado with my wonderfuly sweet husband Danny and our 2 cats, Molly & Murphy, and our boxer dog Spike. We have lived in Colorado for 3 years now. We started off in Orange County, California-where we were born and raised. When we met at church 41/2 years ago now- we knew we would be getting married. We moved here to Colorado right after we got married-much cheaper and Danny’s family is out here. Though I miss my mom and dad terribly, we are blessed to get to see them often. We originally moved to Castle Rock, about 35 minutes north of Colorado Springs but when the Pastor and his wife and kids moved to the Springs from California to start Reverence Bible Church (www.reverencechurch-cs.org) we prayed and God led us down here to be able to be a part of His church.
So now you know a little about me, but the whole reason I am starting this blog is very exciting!! I have never liked running. (I know, a weird place to start) In high school I always found a way out of running “The Mile”. But God did some huge things in my heart after getting married and needing something of my own. I realized that I was always enjoying going to Danny’s soccer games, and thinking why do I just stay at home and wait while he is at the gym? I was inspired by some ladies at the place I was working in Castle Rock. One of them kept saying she looooves to run, and that she has a training schedule and is going to run a race. Now, in my mind I kept saying “Hmmm thats great for you!” and “Yeah I could never do that.” But after much praying and thinking and encouragement from them I decided to try to run. Though I had it all wrong at first tryong to run as hard as I could, I kinda liked it. And at first my intentions were all wrong-they were to look better and to get attention. SO i went onto www.runnersworld.com and was definitely overwhelmed by how much information was there. One of the ladies had told me to go to the personal trainer and type in my stats, I did and thats where it all began. Iprayed that God would be glorified by my running and that He would be my strenght ,endurance and joy. He has blessed it so much! Last September was my first half-marathon!! I did it in 2 hours 45 minutes and 31 seconds it was up in Boulder and I went with a bunch of friends. I was so excited! Since then my knees have been bothering me a bit but I also finished a 10 mile race, can’t remember my time but iI remember it was 10 minute 1 second per mile. Anyways I really have this vision for this blog that it would encourage other Christian runners or non-runners closer to our amazing, merciful, gracious God!!!
In Christ,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment