Saturday, March 26, 2011

Update on Stretching & Shakes!

Ok I know I told you I would be back to let you know what I thought about stretching before a run.....since I never used to. Well I have been trying it both ways the past few months and I have to say, whether its good or bad for me I prefer to stretch AFTER my run only...well maybe before if it's one of those quick 3 second stretches like you did in high school sports just to make your teacher happy but no more than that! I seem to warm up nicely in the first mile of my runs.

Also, I have been loving experimenting with different ingredients and quantities for the pre/post run shakes. So far my favorite is 1 cup chocolate soy milk( ok, soy milk is SOOOOO good for you but I figured out I can't drink it by itself...yuck, but its GREAT in a shake!), 2 bananas, 1 TBS of peanut butter, and 5 ice cubes,(once I find ground flax seed it will be a little more healthy) it's to die for!!!! Also, if you want a different consistency put in 1/2 a cup of raw rolled uncooked oats! Very yummy! These give me lots of energy after a run especially when I don't feel like making an actual meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment