Saturday, March 5, 2011

Running + Technology = FUN!


I recently broke the screen on my "almost" smart phone so a friend gave me her "real" smart phone- the Blackberry Storm. I must say that I love it. Though I will only have it until July when I get the new iPhone =) Anyways, A friend showed me that you can get "RunKeeper" for the iPhone which is really neat. It basically uses the GPS on your smart phone to track pace, distance, calories, average speed etc. It also has a map that shows you where you have gone and keeps track of your stats for the month and year!


I have coveted the super fancy Garmin Running watches for quite a while which are VERY expensive, and do the same thing! SO, I looked for the RunKeeper app for Blackberry........but they haven't made it for Blackberry yet. BUT after much research I found one just like it that is also compatible with the Blackberry. Its called SportyPal(FREE- though you can pay and get more features, but for me the free version is more than enough). I LOVE it! There is also a feature where you can upload your stats to Facebook or Twitter.....I am still trying to find out how I can upload to blogger, we will see. Anyways SportyPal also adds up month and year stats which is useful.


The first time I ran with it I was very happy with the way it worked.....just one problem.......I felt heavy with my iPod and my cell as I ran.......


The answer to my problem???? The Pandora app!!!!!!!!! FREEE!! Also, as I am sure you know you can pick any station and any music you like with NO commercials.


So all I have to carry on my outside runs is my cell phone , which is also nice to have my cell just in case I run into a problem. Check it out its fabulous!!!!


I guess my eyes have been opened to the wonderful world of apps!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes welcome to Apps! How did we ever get along with out them? :^)

    ReplyDelete