Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Training"


Today was the first day of "training". Well, kind of. Its actually the first day of my 42 week training plan...haha. I went to runnersworld where they have a great tool called "SmartCoach". I finally decided my problem is, I was getting lazy. Sitting on the couch was more of a desire than getting out and going to the gym, or running outside.That is not ok, or God glorifying. I understand that relaxing is ok, but I was truly just being lazy.


"The way of the lazy man is like a hedge of thorns, but the way of the upright is a highway." Proverbs 15:19


So on with the schedule. The plan starts off fairly easy with just 3 days a week; starting off with a 4 mile run today, which, by God's grace, went well. Challenging-which is great. I need to get my mindset off of "if it's hard, I'll stop" and onto "the challenge is the point!" which was what I pushed through today. It is way more mental than physical!!! My knee started hurting 3 miles in but was able to run through it, and I think it will start getting stronger...hopefully.


If you are asking "whats she training for?" the answer is.....I'm not sure yet! I have been praying about a few different races. One is the Denver Rock N' Roll 1/2 which is October 9th. I have a few friends that are thinking about it as well. The other is a lot more...shall I say.....exciting? It would be with Team Challenge- which is the team that raises money for The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. I am just starting to converse with the team coach to talk about all the technicalities and things. We will see! With that the race is the Napa to Sonoma 1/2 marathon in California, and the money raised would go to CCFA and towards my airfare and hotel. Danny said he would do it too if that's what I choose! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment