Wednesday, September 22, 2010

For The Long Run!


Today is my 5 mile speedwork run. Since it's only week 2 of training it won't be too bad...I hope =)!I am actually looking forward to it! I have my book, my iPod, and the TV, because like I said I prefer the treadmill on longer training runs. I know I already wrote a post about running on treadmills so this is going to be a little tangent from that.
The Woodway Treadmill is a phenomenal treadmill! I just really found out about it and what it is exactly for, when I had my personal training assessment at Villa Sport. So the, jingle, for lack of a better term coming to mind, for this particular treadmill is "Woodway, For The Long Run." That probably tells you a little right there. As you can see from the picture the Woodway treadmill has rubber slats and wire-reinforced lateral belt design that provides the smoothest, most precise and most comfortable running surface. I loooove this for long runs. It is soooo much easier on my knees than regular treadmills, because the rubber is MUCH thicker than a normal one. I don't really use it for short runs because I do need to be used to running on harder surfaces too but to spare my knees from too much it's nice. The one that I use does have a TV connected to it which is great as well! If you do have access to one try it out, it makes such a difference and has a ton of different programs much different from the ones on regular treadmills!
This weeks Bible verse:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
-Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment